Slow Cooker Beef Cheeks with Mash & our Urban Farm Goods Salsa Verde
Recipe serves 4-6, but leftovers can be used for delicious Ragu or Pot Pies!
1 kg Beef Cheeks
1 Large Brown Onion, Diced
1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
1 Large Carrot, Diced
1 Stick Celery, Diced
2 bay leaves
400g Tinned Tomatoes
2 Cup Chicken Stock
500ml Red Wine
4 Tbs Plain Flour
Salt and Pepper
1. Toss beef cheeks in flour, salt and pepper
2. Brown diced vegetables and garlic in olive oil, place in a slow cooker.
3. In the same pan, add extra oil and seal beef cheeks on each side until brown, place in slow cooker.
4. Deglaze pan with wine, add to slow cooker
5. Add tinned tomatoes and stock to slow cooker, bring up to a strong simmer. Reduce heat and cook for 4-6 hrs, until meat is tender.
6. Serve with mashed potato.
7. Garnish with our Urban Farm Goods Salsa Verde (Available from Aranda)